Stand Up Paddle Lesson Double Island Day Trip- Noosa
- Duration: 6 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Noosa Heads, Queensland
- Product code: SUPDIN
Take a thrilling Noosa Stand Up Paddle Adventure to Sunshine Coast’s hidden tropical wildlife paradise, Double Island Point. The spectacular wind swept coloured sand cliffs protect many of the flat water lagoons and much of Honeymoon Bay making for an ideal natural environment to explore and experience the local wildlife on a guided stand up paddle lesson.
Double Island Point can only be accessed by 4X4 along Teewah Beach around the low tide and the wilderness is typically remote, uncrowded and perfect for stand up paddling with crystal clear flat water lagoons and a super long sandy point break ideal for beginners, intermediate and advanced looking to take the next step into the waves. If your already well advanced in stand up paddling then why not come and explore the magical waters of Honeymoon Bay in Noosa’s pristine Great Sandy National Park.
Expect to see many of the local wildlife on your Noosa stand up paddle adventure with many turtles (Six of the world’s seven marine turtle species can be found here) often seen feeding and resting in the clear shallows of the lagoons and ocean are the Green Sea turtle, Loggerhead and Hawksbill turtle. Rays, Bottlenose dolphins, many different bird species, Humpback whales (over 35000 to pass this season) and soldier crabs in their thousands are also all frequent here.
Itinerary (Full day):
- Depart Noosa in specialised 4WD vehicles from pick up points.
- Travel via Noosa North shore ferry and onto the pristine Teewah Beach.
- Spectacular Great Beach Drive experience passing the stunning famous Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs.
- Arrive at Double Island Point > Pristine National Park tropical paradise.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Fun stand up paddle lesson instruction by fully qualified, friendly instructors.
- Cruise the shallows spotting turtles and rays and other amazing marine life.
- Try SUP surfing on the super long beginner waves.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Noosa.
What to bring: towel, change of clothes, sunscreen, water, snacks, camera.
(It is a requirement that all food, littler and any other waste are taken with you out of the National Park on completion of your visit)
Please meet 15 minutes before departure at one of the 3 pick up points detailed below:
- NOOSA HEADS: The J Noosa (Theatre venue) 60 Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads (Excellent all day parking & best option if traveling from outside Noosa Heads)
- NOOSA HEADS: Noosa Heads Bus Station, Corner Noosa Parade & Noosa Drive (Near Hastings St, limited parking).
- NOOSAVILLE: 180 Gympie Terrace, Noosaville at giant pelican statue (Pelican Boat Hire).