Double Island Surf or Play Adventure Noosa (day trip)
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Noosa, Qld
- Product code: DISPN
Experience the stunning Double Island Point on a day trip with your friends and family to relax, explore or surf in crystal clear waters off the beaten track. Sunshine Coast's hidden gem is only accessibly by 4WD vehicles along the Great Beach Drive and boasts as the easiest, longest wave in Australia. No crowds, this place is a once in a life time experience and is often passed by many travelers that simply don't know it's there. Ride crystal clear waves 100's of meters long even as a beginner!Not a surf lover? Then explore the headland or relax on the beach. The crystal clear warm waters set in the Great Sandy National Park are often buzzing with local marine life. Large pods of dolphins, whales (20,000 passed last season), turtles, rays and sea birds are all frequent here.
What's included: 4WD Great Beach Drive experience, Double Island Point fun, National Park entry fees, light snacks & refreshments.
What to bring: Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, change of clothes, snacks.
Itinerary (5-6 hours):
- Depart Noosa in specialised 4WD vehicles from pick up points.
- Experience the thrill of the Great Beach Drive passing the stunning Rainbow Beach coloured sand cliffs & Fraser Island views.
- Breathtaking remote beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Arrive at an untouched paradise, Double Island Point.
- Home to Australia’s longest beginner waves & many Australian wildlife.
- Relax, play, explore.
- Light snacks & refreshments provided.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive to Noosa.
-Large range of board and beach hire is available on the day subject to availability.
Departure: This tour departs Noosa, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 1.5 hours north of Brisbane.
Please meet 15 minutes before departure at either of the 2 pick up points detailed below:
NOOSA HEADS: Corner of Noosa Parade and Noosa Drive, Noosa Heads. (please contact 24-48 hours before departure for more detail).NOOSAVILLE: Gympie Terrace at Giant Pelican statue on foreshore (cant miss it), Noosaville. (please contact 24-48 hours before departure for more detail).
Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the Great Beach Drive. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 5-6 hours from pick up to drop off.